The Branson School Online middle school team strives to ensure that all middle school students are actively engaged in a thriving online learning community. The middle school years are important years of discovery. Students of this age not only learn academics, they also learn about themselves, their identity, their strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes and often begin planning for their future. These are the years when students begin to branch out and test their independence both academically and socially. Our team of experienced middle school teachers is deeply committed to guiding our students through this exciting time of discovery while ensuring they receive the academic foundation needed to carry them into high school. The middle school program provides a structured model that allows students and parents the opportunity to organize their school schedule, monitor daily assignments, and reach weekly goals.
The Branson School Online educational model provides middle school students:
- Computer-assisted instruction
- Virtual classroom instruction
- One-on-one instruction
- Small group instruction
- Guidance Couseling
- Special and Gifted education
- Colorado Certified and highly qualified teachers in their subject area
- Experienced middle school teachers
Middle School Course Offerings
- Full range of mathematical courses to fit the student's needs including skill building programs through advanced concepts which may include: Pre-Algebra 1 and 2, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Integrated Math, Consumer Math, and General Math.
- Language Arts courses that include basic grammar, punctuation, and genre-specific literature units.
- Social Studies integrated core classes include World Geography, World History, Civics and Economics during the 7th grade year. The 8th grade year follows with US Geography, US History, American Government, and Economics.
- Integrated science classes cover topics in life science, earth and space science, and physical science as well as science inquiry skills.
- Electives including Spanish, Piano, Leadership, Study Skills, Book Publishing, Art Fundamentals, Poetry, Yearbook, Music, Meteorology, Technology, Keyboarding, PE, Gifted and Talented, and Colorado History.
Branson School Online teachers create their own interactive, engaging curriculum and lesson plans using some of the following cutting-edge online tools.